PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aircraft Crash in Moscow
View Single Post
Old 21st Feb 2013, 23:59
Sunamer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2 P2J
Not sure what "nominal" means
I apologize for this term, what I meant was 'normal'. So, normal full reverse thrust setting but only in direct regime (N1 ~80-84%)

from www_flightglobal_com
The pilots also simulated the incorrect engagement of the thrust-reversers which resulted in the Red Wings aircraft's accelerating along the runway.

As the Tu-204SM reached a speed of 124kt (230km/h) the test crew manually deployed the spoilers and activated the brakes.

"The landing distance achieved confirmed it was possible to complete the landing on the runway even after the emergency situation and improper actions of the crew during the initial touchdown phase," says United Aircraft .
So, I guess even with another test that's should shed some light on how actually reverse thrust level mechanism works, in the case it will show abnormality in logic of its work, UAC already have something to cover their butts with.

2 BOAC
was there not mention of some 'SOP' call required from the 'flight engineer' to confirm reverser deployment? 'Reverser green' or similar?
FE should confirm that reverse is available according to FCOM and the problem with RT was mentioned here in posts 455, 459.

http://www.pprune.org/rumours-news/5...ml#post7653562

Last edited by Sunamer; 22nd Feb 2013 at 00:14.