PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NATS interview process
View Single Post
Old 21st Feb 2013, 23:09
kinny999

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Dan, I'm in the same boat, I applied somewhat speculatively after speaking to a friend in the role already, only a couple of weeks ago.

The combination of that and my work email address which I used to sign up being down all week has resulted in me arriving in work tonight to a congratulations email but only 2 dates available, one in Birmigham tomorrow after i've finished a night shift and one in Southampton on Tuesday which is nigh impossible to get to with my work pattern.

Sadly i think I'm going to have to take my chances and sit this round out even with the prospect of things being Frozen in March. This is for the best, this job interests me massively but i'd much prefer to have a good old research and have plenty of time to study before committing to the stage 1, especially now its a 24 month wait between failed applications.

Can any of the longer serving members of this forum advise me to how they define "frozen" with respect to applications. If i leave the stage 1 dates bit blank as recommended rather than declining, could anyone hazard a guess if and or when it may have future dates to pick from?

I only ask because I did many years ago want to become a firefighter in my county but the recruitment process was also frozen, so frosty was it that i don't think it has in fact thawed yet some 8 years later.

I know the cause of this in the fire service has been drastic shift changes and may things that all contribute. Essentially i guess i'd like to know (if its something someone can tell me?) is the recruitment likely to be frozen indefinitely for a period of years?

Sincere thanks for any help and best of luck to all that have taken or are about to take your tests.