PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Senate Inquiry, Hearing Program 4th Nov 2011
Old 21st Feb 2013, 20:28
Kharon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
12 Good men and true – Part 2.

As you may remember, the question of qualification (or lack thereof) was dealt with fairly swiftly; the natural progression was then to compare notes on motive for the "The Chambers Report" being smuggled to Canberra and wrapped in a mantle of secrecy. Looking over the report many of the BRB independently made the same observation; essentially, believing the willing accomplice was working for someone i.e. the author was not a leader (no brainer), but a follower, the report probably drafted to suit a dual purpose. This, stand alone begs many questions of the "author's" integrity, probity and leadership skills.

If you can manage it, read Chambers part 4.1 to 4.2 and count how many times the word "conflict" appears; then find "conflict resolution", then find "avoiding conflict". Disproportionate?, just a bit. This alone speaks volumes to anyone trained in man management. As it happens, one of the BRB actually has an impressive list of qualifications as a "head doctor", his hilarious summation was a highlight of the evening (not for publication). The group response was slightly more robust, a lot more colourful and definitely obscene; but, seeing as this is a family show: the verdict below will have to suffice.

The unanimous verdict: "It is our considered opinion that the "author" is morally incapable of supporting his troops; guilty of acting in a precipitous manner to promote conflict as and where required; guilty of being prepared to lie and obfuscate on demand". "We call for the "author" to be suspended from duty until it is established beyond reasonable doubt, that he is indeed, a fit and proper person before being allowed to further affect or influence the well being of the industry and the people within it". We firmly believe that a full, independent, impartial investigation of Pel Air, Airtex and Skymaster will reveal the true perfidious nature of these events".

Anyway; so moved (temporarily) from Bankstown to Mascot our hero (woger) produces "The Report" and dutifully scampers off to his masters, all puffed up with pride, zeal and the satisfaction of being able to silence the opposition group within. The "Report Bomb" will serve many purposes. Someone should have mentioned Petar(d) and hoist, but then who would help?.

The jury were asked: why was the report secretly commissioned ?. Why was the report not acted on? Were Messrs White and Grima party to the report?

Here, the jury failed to reach a unanimous verdict; too many options, not enough hard fact and a certain 'feeling', that there was a deeper, as yet un revealed motivation for these obscene antics.

The jury was unanimous in deciding there was a rabbit off, a bloody big one. Behind the smoke, mirrors, sacrifices and pony pooh, there is a bigger, uglier story patiently waiting behind the dross to be told.

"Tell me again why we are doing the straight stuff Minnie?". (Sigh) I know, I know, it's not permanent; fetch my cigars, there's a good lass".

Last edited by Kharon; 22nd Feb 2013 at 23:21.