PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Logging Co-Pilot Time in SP Operation
View Single Post
Old 21st Feb 2013, 13:12
LeadSled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
As far as the Qlink ICUS is concerned, well you can thank ICAO annex 1 for that. Personally I think it's a crock', and so much for world's best practice! It should be noted that under ICAO Annex 1, ICUS can only be logged up to meeting the min command hours (500) for the ATPL. After that, the logging of ICUS under ICAO Annex 1 is not legal
Krusty 34,
So you think it's a crock, but somehow most of the rest of the airline world logs per the rules in Annex 1.

Once again, Australia is the only soldier in the battalion in step. I don't think so, I'll go with the democratic vote of most of the rest of the aviation world as to what Annex 1 means ---- and what Australia used to do, until one joker in DCA got a bee in his bonnet.

The one thing that it seems is impossible to get through the thick skulls of many Australian pilots is that ICUS is ICUS, it is NOT PIC. Is that so hard to understand. When you are logging ICUS, you are logging ICUS, period, full stop, end of story.

Just as a starter, look at what US/CA/NZ/SA/UK/SIN do, then tell me they are all wrong and Australia has it right.

By the way, how did you work out the that ICUS cuts out after you have reached the minimum requirements for an ATR/ALTP/ATPL/whatever. QANTAS ( not just QLink) doesn't think so. I will be fascinated with the answer.

As I have said many timed before, all the stupid Australian approach does is disadvantage young pilots looking for decent jobs in the international market. At least the QF group has got this one right.

Tootle pip!!