PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The beginning of a long road!!
View Single Post
Old 10th Feb 2003, 20:27
FREDA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good luck alex!
i started and finished my PPL in the US last summer, albeit at OBA, and enjoyed it immensly. bit annoying being 20 and constantly getting thrown out of bars in daytona but it was worth it! saying that, it will be hard work, and my advice would be to budget to stay at the flying club from 9 to 5, even if ur not timetabled to fly or wx'd off, and get the ground exams out the way asap ( the day after the lectures u get for each one if u can) . human performance u could do the day u arrive, as i did, as it is pretty much common sense, although a PPL confuser before u go wouldnt hurt. other than that, dont be afraid to ask questions, and especially dont hesitate to talk to ATC if u need it, they are well aware of the amount of UK students buzzing about and will make ur cross countries a breeze. drop in at flagler (if u do any night flying) and grab a steak from the restaurant there, u wont be disappointed.
so overall ; expect flying times from 6am, and lotsa late finishes, but you will enjoy it, especially after going solo when u get the keys thrown at you for first few completely solo flights