PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Something to answer for AFT??
View Single Post
Old 21st Feb 2013, 10:16
xxRED BARONxx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I studied both the AFT and Rob Avery methods for this exam and I found the Rob Avery (draw the picture and write stuff everywhere) method much more efficient and effective during the exam. Efficient because I could answer the same 5 mark question in about 20-23 mins using AFT and 16-18 mins using the Avery method. Effective because my brain turning to mush during the 3 hour exam was somewhat delayed because the avery (draw the picture) method gave me a visual idea of what the question was asking and what I needed to do, where as I found the AFT grid method became very monotonous and concentration was easily lost as time went on.

In addition, I used different colored highlighters to highlight the 727 blue book so that whenever I was on the relevant page I knew exactly what I needed to do on that page and nothing was forgotten. Get a scrap piece of paper at the start and write down all the SGRs and other formulas you may need too because you dont want to be relying on memory to dig them out when your an hour and a half in pulling your hair out from the stress.

Also, its very important to do the exam backwards imo, aka do all the 5 markers first, then 4 markers, then 3 markers etc, because usually theres 3 five markers and if you get one wrong you can kiss 10% goodbye so you really need maximum concentration to get the 3 five markers right to have a real chance at passing.

Finally, a can of redbull may be cracked open after youve finished the first hour (and hopefully all the 5 mark questions) as a reward/to keep you awake!!