PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LUTON - 7
Thread: LUTON - 7
View Single Post
Old 21st Feb 2013, 09:08
gilesdavies

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Does anyone know if the WAT route will be coming back any time soon?
I was hoping FlyBE might pick up this route, but its been some time now, since the route was announced it would be axed by Aer Arann and nothing has materialised...

I also think there is a lot of potential business the likes of FlyBE could make flying out of LTN, flying routes to cities where easyJet or Ryanair's own aircraft are simply too big with an A320 or 737-800.

Opening a North London hub with few Bombardier Dash 8's or even EB-175's based out of the airport would be brilliant. But in reality FlyBE, are loosing money and in the process of restructuring their business, if anything cutbacks are likely.

Over the last few years we have seen a gradual watering down of the airlines flights out if Luton, with frequencies turning from twice daily, to daily and now a few times a week and also becoming seasonal.

The other airline I am watching closely in a European airline called Minoan, they have recently announced they will be basing a Fokker F-50 at Oxford Airport are going to be flying to Edinburgh and Dublin.

They have stated they are interested in basing up to four aircraft in the UK, as they see a lot of potential for niche markets.

WORLD ROUTES: Minoan Air Outlines UK Expansion :: Routesonline

http://www.routesonline.com/routes-t...1869749724001/