PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways 747 diverts to Las Vegas - fumes in flight deck
Old 21st Feb 2013, 07:45
Dream Buster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
30% and 3% vulnerable

Fargoo,

It is reckoned that about 30% of the population are vulnerable and 3% are extremely vulnerable - a minority.

Sloppy research? UCL is a top notch UK University which has been studying this issue for 10 years but have not been helped and currently lack further funding - I wonder why?

Cranfield University, who are funded by the Aero$pace indu$try, were asked to measure a fume event in 2007 by The House of Lords.

By 2011 they had eventually identified all of the neurotoxins, but incredibly had not measured a single fume event....

Aircraft Cabin Air Quality: 10 May 2011: Hansard Written Answers and Statements - TheyWorkForYou

This was despite being advised exactly how to fill a BAe 146 with visible oil fumes, on the ground (for ease of testing) in 2007.

A 'fume event' and something I and others have witnessed many, many times.

Don't worry, there's only a little bit of poison in the cabin air today - Learmount

This is the report which the Governments and industry are now using to say 'it's all ok.'

Meantime 'expert' aviation doctors are not accepting Aerotoxic Syndrome, so what chance have GP's and passengers got in a 10 minute consultation?

How come breathing tobacco smoke is death, but oil smoke is safe?

How do they get away with it. I guess you've heard of the shenanigans with horsement?

Conspiracy? - When the history of the world is written - No question.