PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight deck positions at FlyDubai Master Thread - Merged
Old 21st Feb 2013, 01:00
jimmyg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes of course I do see the point but find the logic hard to swallow.

I think that to punish the masses for the mistakes of the few, is a weak argument and supplies the onus for companies to pass costs along to employees, rather than building expenses into the cost of doing business. This is an easy solution of weak management with a unstable business structure. My point is that in the aviation business it is becoming an systemic disease of having your employees bear more and more of the expenses.

Having spent a good deal of my aviation career in a management position, I have witness this first hand. It is most especially prevalent within the M.E. Endless meetings talking about how many angles can dance on the head of a needle or number of grains of sand, rather than looking at removing the boulders in the center of the road. Eventually which will lead to the demise of anyone who questions the relevance or upset the power struggle those who try so hard to maintain their power circle. I have grown weary of mangers whose first line of defense to to cut from their workforce. The long term damage this has caused is one of the reasons for such a high level of transient workers in the first place.

Post script: Sorry I digress, just have to let it fly every once in a while. Now back to more capitulation.

Last edited by jimmyg; 21st Feb 2013 at 03:40.