PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Swiss flight "robbed" on the apron in Brussels
Old 20th Feb 2013, 19:30
BARKINGMAD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pprune followers shooting the messanger?

Wouldya lay off woodja51 and give him credit for trying to highlight a genuine security concern!

If he has tried by conventional and normal channels to alert those higher in the food chain to a weakness in the security setup and been rebuffed or ignored, then I applaud his courage in posting it here.

I was reluctant myself to offer the "burning jeep into the path of the V1 aircraft" scenario in case the wrong people see it and have a go. But I don't see any means to communicate such a possibility to the faceless ones who took and take such pleasure at making aircrew lives so unpleasant as we transit to our work, whilst leaving these opportunities for terrorist actions untouched.

Following the next avation terrorist success, they will blandly and complacently brag about the post 9/11 measures introduced, whilst avoiding the question as to why these potential weak points were not addressed to prevent or make more difficult such an attack.

As in most things connected with aviation, it's once again "The Tombstone Imperative" which will get action taken-AFTER THE EVENT.

Let's wake up and smell the coffee, there's a lot of money needs to be spent on airfield security, but airport owners and regulatory authorities who are beholden to them are only interested in cramming another retail outlet into the shopping centre beside the runway(s).

woodja51 reminds me of the NHS whistleblower recently highlighted in the scandals affecting UK hospitals, who tried but was gagged and paid off to keep schtum about safety issues.

woodja, I sincerely applaud you and wish you all the best in pushing water uphill!!