PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airmed in Valencia
View Single Post
Old 10th Jan 2002, 16:05
Blackshirt

Mut et al:

I'm still going through the motions with Bristol G/S, but it looks like it might be at least worth visiting Airmed.

Previous Airmed thread: I did read said thread, but alas it wasn't terribly enlightening.

An ATPL is an ATPL is an ATPL whichever school you train with. It isn't a qualification issued by the school - despite the implication by the marketing department of a certain large flying school in middle England. All the exams and flight tests are the same regardless.

My earlier query about licensing was more focussed on whether JAR acceptance amongst employers was reached such a stage that licenses issued in other JAA countries are given equal credence.

2 years does seem an eternity, particularly considering the Spanish weather. For you Integrated guys it might be worth comparing a detailed course breakdown with that of another school's. I'm just in the market for a CPL + IR Rating, can't see these taking 2 years, even with my degree of cack-handedness.

Price does seem very attractive, but as usual, one must check the fine print very carefully. Flight training is a highly competitive business, and schools have a big incentive to make all sorts of slights of hand to get the headline cost figure down.