PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 787 Batteries and Chargers - Part 1
View Single Post
Old 20th Feb 2013, 18:12
FlightPathOBN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
rough translations:
slide 6
Can be seen mark and damage the high temperature in the vicinity of the positive terminal of the cell element 3
○ (arrow), aluminum mosquito melted by heat attached white part Potential can be considered, I need to investigate further

slide 8
Observed by optical microscope and scanning electron microscope inward from the outside of the cell z
Likely open hole investigate the case of cell 6 scheduled to face z
Situation that is transmitted suggests the heat element is diffused into the fan through the hole in the case, I thought the energy was transmitted from the outside to the inside

Slide 11
January 26, on the 27th, the main manufacturer in Fujisawa Survey of the BMU that had been attached to the battery
Damage to the substrate
(1) Intense operation test in the state of being energized I was not able to test
(2)Record the damage condition
(3)Further analysis is being found to damage from the situation, but there is a big difficulty for damage

slide 13
Damage to one of the electrodes. Cells 3
• I considered damaged from heat.
• Why has occurred a trace of damage including damage surveys continue
2 blowout of the current collector.
• blown found in the positive electrode current collector of the cell 1, 2, 3 and 8
• aluminum is high as the positive electrode current collector material is melted, I thought the temperature reached, and was blown
• that a large current flows in the current collector, the temperature reached the cell Allowed, such as the positive electrode current collector that has been heated by thermal runaway in Be considered potential Blown ground wire out of the box
3. Batteries
• is considered likely that the blown current flows through the outer box. In addition,
There was no record of the history of a lightning strike to the aircraft

Last edited by FlightPathOBN; 20th Feb 2013 at 18:12.