PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATPL entitlements question.
View Single Post
Old 20th Feb 2013, 14:07
MakeItHappenCaptain

Location: Hollister, Hilo, Pago Pago, Norfolk Is., Brisbane, depending which day of the week it is...
Received 31 Likes on 9 Posts
You can still be PIC of a multi-crew <5700 (sic) aircraft under charter on a CPL.
Only if your company decided it was "multi-crew", not the certification authority, which means any FO time was bullsiht.

Weight has nothing to do with the license type.
Multi-crew PIC for CHRT or AWK needs an ATPL under Oz rules.
Definition of multi-crew is by certification.

Eg.
Citation 1 (500), <5400 kg MTOW, 2 pilots required.
Citation 1/SP (501), 1 pilot required.

The only effect weight has is as per CAO 40.1.0 and relates to utilising command priviledges;
8A
8A.1 Conditions on aircraft endorsements
For the purposes of regulation 5.25, it is a condition of each command endorsement that authorises the holder of the endorsement to fly an aeroplane with a maximum take-off weight of more than 5 700 kg that the holder of the endorsement must not act as pilot in command of such an aeroplane if:
(a) the aeroplane is engaged in charter operations, or regular public transport operations; and
(b) the aeroplane’s flight manual specifies that it may be flown under the I.F.R.; unless the holder satisfies the aeronautical experience requirements set out in paragraph 8A.2.

8A.2 Unless CASA otherwise approves, the endorsement holder’s aeronautical experience must consist of:
(a) at least 50 hours of flight time as pilot acting in command under supervision in the type of aeroplane concerned; or
(b) at least:
(i) 25 hours of flight time as pilot acting in command under supervision in the type of aeroplane concerned; and
(ii) the successful completion of an approved training course conducted in an approved synthetic flight trainer.
Note The circumstances in which a person may fly an aircraft as pilot acting in command under supervision are set out in regulation 5.40.

8A.3 Unless CASA otherwise directs, the flight time mentioned in subparagraph 8A.2 (a) and sub-subparagraph 8A.2 (b)(i) must include at least 10 flights each of at least 45 minutes.
CASA may approve:
(a) a training course; and
(b) a synthetic flight trainer;

8A.4 for the purposes of sub-subparagraph 8A.2 (b)(ii).

8A.5 In this subsection: command endorsement means a type endorsement specified in Part 2 or Part 4 of Appendix I or a class endorsement specified in Part 1, Part 3 or Part 5 of Appendix IA.
Enough quoting, the types listed in these Appendicies can be looked up.

Last edited by MakeItHappenCaptain; 20th Feb 2013 at 14:40.