PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CTC or OAA?
Thread: CTC or OAA?
View Single Post
Old 19th Feb 2013, 22:14
Buggington

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
More research seems to show that most people do the modular route for one of two reasons:
  1. To train while continuing their current job
  2. To do 'smaller' (probably not the right word) jobs than work for the big airlines.

Given that my aim is to become an airline pilot immediately, it would seem strange to do a modular course, which is generally more fragmented and less consistent than an integrated course, as someone pointed out on another thread here. While a new pilot with ~250 hrs in their log book is far from the ideal candidate for the position of FO, they are at least a blank canvas, who have been trained from the ground up (excuse the pun) to the airline's way of thinking.

Of course, this is all quite one sided here because I haven't considered the modular route too much yet, so I think I'm going to be visiting some modular places. I'm assuming that the CTC & OAA modular courses are too expensive and similar to their Integrated counterparts to consider a viable option? I would ask them about this, but I'm sure I would probably end up with them trying to persuade me to do their integrated course instead.