PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DERRY/LONDONDERRY
View Single Post
Old 19th Feb 2013, 14:44
cuthere

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If this is true another blow for LDY.
Did I miss the other blows to LDY? Tenerife ran for two months last year, once a week. Whilst unfortunate that it's not coming back, I wouldn't see it as anywhere near a big a blow as losing any of the other routes would be.

It cost £45 million to dual the road between Maydown Roundabout and CODA, a matter of 6.6kms (23 February 2011 - A2 Maydown to City of Derry Airport dual carriageway opens | Northern Ireland Executive) but GAZMO, you seem to think that DCC could redirect resources to fund the develop of the road between Derry and BFS? I wonder where the £300-400million that would cost should come from? Maybe BFS could contribute too? (Tongue firmly in cheek).

I do wonder sometimes!

Yes, the Jan figures aren't great. BFS lost 4.5% of its pax numbers. Not great all round, and one wonders if Ryanair-fatigue and also the massive competition at BHD on LON routes have taken their toll of LDY and BFS respectively.

LDY may one day reach 500,000 pax, but it will require a new airline to complement FR, and in the current economic climate, that ain't happening anytime soon.