PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bomber Harris Interview on TV (merged - AGAIN!)
Old 19th Feb 2013, 14:15
Krautwald

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I always wondered if it is true that many raids where not aimed against factories, harbours, train stations, bridges or whatever important stuff, but deliberately against densely populated working-class neighborhoods? I have been told so a couple times but never bothered to find out if this actually was so.

I also think that one has to differ between guilt in terms of inexcuseable decisions, and the kind of guilt you experience when you where in a hopeless situation and had to do something awful. Even if there where reasons for doing things in a certain way, it doesn´t mean that you will be unaffected knowing that you killed hundreds of people, most of them being old, women, children...however, that is something you should leave to the people involved. It is not for later generations to judge here.

Then there are those (sadly increasing in numbers) liberals who shout the loudest and hide under the umbrella of political correctness, gay rights, equality and diversity agendas etc.. who I personally think have done more damage to this country than Hitler ever could
Well, I guess Hitler would have dealt with gays, pc and liberals to your full satisfaction.