PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gaining An R.A.F Pilots Brevet In WW II
View Single Post
Old 19th Feb 2013, 14:01
Exrigger

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Geriaviator, I think I was out in RAF Khormakser around the same time frame, my dad went there straight from RAF Eastleigh if I remember correctly. He was also responsible for injuring/killing a sheep during a guard shift that did not halt and put its arms up one night, at least that was his story.

I concur that the overseas trips for us scaley brats was an education that in my view was better than you got in most schools, and those times abroad I do remember very well. We lived in Mala high street in flats with the Coca Cola factory at one end and were evacuated once due to a bomb threat.

I will leave you to continue with the tales of derring do that the kids got up to, as you appear to have a better memory than me, and tell it better than I can, allthough the school bus run was fun with two armed guards to accompany us each way.

Just seen the dates you were out in Aden, I was about 8 years later, but please keep the stories coming as this thread is great for history and memories.

Last edited by Exrigger; 19th Feb 2013 at 18:34. Reason: seen dates Geriaviator was in Aden