PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Two years flying in Indonesia
View Single Post
Old 19th Feb 2013, 12:19
captjns

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TopTup avirs...

Your credentials come from a check book. The airmen you undercut have credentials from a log book.
Spot on TopTup. I will one up the statement... the checkbook belongs to Mummy and Daddy. I'll call a spade a spade. People of Bamboo's ilk were not hired. They bought, or even put it in its least common terms, bribed their way into the right seat.

Eventually these miscreants are going to want out of Lion Air. They may seek their way to CX, EK, Fly Dubai etc. I sincerely hope the chief pilots and D/Os take a long look at the fairy taled credentials of these people. I hope these spoiled children are BYPASSED in place of those pilots who earned their credentials the honest way. Then they can sit back and ask themselves... was the $50,000 really worth it?

Dillusionals such as Bamboo don't realize the undo pressure the carriers such as Lion Air put on captains. Captains are becoming baby sitters. Line Operation in many instances are single pilot operations. And in bad weather the captain is better off having the right seat unoccupied all together with distractions from the child expressing his/her fear about flying into a cloud or turbulence.

Last edited by captjns; 19th Feb 2013 at 12:26.