PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 787 Batteries and Chargers - Part 1
View Single Post
Old 19th Feb 2013, 11:56
cockney steve

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Since entering service, Boeing 787 Lithium-Ion batteries, each with eight cells, have logged more than 2.2 million cell-hours on the ground and in the air during more than 50,000 flight-hours. No battery-related incidents occurred before January 2013, when the airplane experienced two events. Investigation into these events is in progress.
Above taken from the Boeing "damage-limitation" website.

Well! what a complete load of pseudo-engineering bollocks
2.2 million "cell-hours" on the ground?-REALLY!(less 50,000 actual flight hours*) well, fxxk me with a fountain-pen, my Ford has had about 8 billion millilitres of Diesel through it's system, with NO "incidents"...keep changing the filter sees to that! (is that similar to "keep changing the batteries when they go T.U.?"

Where they find these smart-ass political -spinner oil-slick smarmy bull****ters from, I've no idea. As a potential Boeing Pax. I won't believe another word from them,if this is how they patronise their market.

So, let's do the sums...the "battery hours" are actually nearer 250,000(assuming that the quoted 50Khours was "battery time" and not "cell-time" ) BUT WAIT!..each aircraft has 2 batteries....50 grounded,=100 batteries...add 150 changed-out....250 total used stock

so the cumulative service life of these aircraft, (land and ground,-their figures) is 250,000 hours that means a total service-life of 1,000 hours per battery OR 16 dollars an HOUR ....32 DOLLARS an HOUR, EVERY hour per aircraft....remind me, how much is a Laptop battery? price? hours life? Oh! I see, I got it wrong! the cost doesn't matter as long as it's a good, reliable ,fit-for purpose system. WOT? NONE of the above?

Some bean-counter's being grossly overpaid for a stupendous level of incompetence!

* also back-of-a-fag-packet calculations.

Last edited by cockney steve; 19th Feb 2013 at 12:03.