PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FAA Grounds 787s
View Single Post
Old 19th Feb 2013, 10:29
cockney steve

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
in reply to Romulus[QUOTE] [the ball being played is the use of hindsight. It's easy to be critical of this decision now, I would suggest Boeing had done their work beforehand but something just hasn't worked as tested. /QUOTE]

The world was presented with a Certified and working airliner. nobody outside the regulatory authorities has any mandate to investigate the financial or engineering decisions behind the product.

I'd suggest that if you bought a TV,certified to meet international environmental and safety standards,then found it kept losing all it's settings,and reports were coming in that these sets were catching fire........your reaction????

Boeing's test procedures were , defacto, intrinsically flawed.OR they avoided testing the "difficult" areas that are KNOWN to exist.

(otherwise the problems with discharged/self-combusting batteries would have been found and dealt with before release.)

I do NOT accept that NOBODY in the whole of Boeing had any doubts about incorporating this "risky" technology.

Eventually, I suspect, a sacked/disaffected dissenter will spill the beans.

A poor decision was made to put all their eggs in one very fragile basket which failed virtually immediately

These batteries were changed-out at ludicrously low service intervals and still no warning-bells?

IMHO there would have been plenty of engineers who were well aware that the battery/charger/plane combination was sadly lacking.

I would point the finger at "suits" who were desperate to bring a much-hyped, much-delayed project to market.

Nothing to do with "hindsight" I do not accept that the system worked perfectly before release....the Kludge of putting it in a tin box didn't work.so let's make a bigger, stronger Kludge.....FFS...what sort of third-world "engineering" is that???