PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Switzerland > Orlando
View Single Post
Old 19th Feb 2013, 09:30
Takeoff53

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks once more for all the inputs. It's a different world to be a (somehow retired) pilot and now traveling in the back of the airplanes. At least I like the fun of the whole planning for the trip.

1. The option with Edelweiss is checked and on the list. Very good service - flew with them to CPT - but only one flight per week.
2. Via MAN is no option, I found no direct flight MAN MCO(?) and everything else is not matching my criteria for a short travel time.
>> Edited!: LX ZRH MAN and then VS MAN MCO, will check, thanks.
3. US is still on the list. However, a friend of mine is CA with them and told me to avoid PHL during the mainstream arrivals from Europe or to calculate at least 3 hours for the transfer (US is accepting 2 hours for planning purpose). And from ZRH B767 are used, looking very worn out and Envoy is equipped with the old seats.
4. Found another version: With Easy BSL LGW (to avoid the hassle LHR > LGW) and then on with BA or VS, both offering some kind of economy plus.
5. The funniest routing I found is with Air Berlin: ZRH > TXL > MIA > MCO. The travel time is a long 16 hours but some kind of business class is offered for a bit more then CHF 2'200...!

Last edited by Takeoff53; 19th Feb 2013 at 09:39.