PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - F35 Lightning.....
View Single Post
Old 19th Feb 2013, 03:35
aroa

Received 43 Likes on 28 Posts
Good or bad...

..I'm just amazed that so much money is signed away in secret by little Johnnie brown nose, just like the decision to go into Iraq.
Where's the due process?, tendering? any Parliamentry debate or democratic process? WTF??? Any angry taxpayers?? Hullo???

This is the NBN of the skies.!! FFS.

Have a read of the Wiki articles..Loved the bit where probs were solved with the computer stuff during maintenance by shutting down and restarting. That might not be an option for the pilot when the ONE engine craps out at 300 ft. No time to reboot the whole system due to gravity.

I'm sure the Lockheed shareholders wont mind if we prang a few (dozen), good for business at the latest price of $180Mil, due cutback in sales numbers.

And hasnt Canada just confirmed, due to a similar bs purchase/decision debacle, and the hideous cost.. that "we're outa here."
So should we.

Snake oil salesman dont just work for Big Pharma, they work for the US Military Industrial Complex as well.

And look to something with TWO engines, better range and payload..OR if you want to leave the heavy hitting to the Super Hornets and Growlers...there are plenty of agile fighters to choose from.
And certainly at a much better cost benefit. No need to bankrupt the country with 100 ! F35s..PLUS spare parts. My Dog! $quillions.
Oh sorry, we already are in serious deficit.
Never mind ...make it 15 submarines as well.