PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Senate Inquiry, Hearing Program 4th Nov 2011
Old 18th Feb 2013, 22:13
my oleo is extended

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The pot plant in the middle of the room

Sunfish, although your last 3 questions, as you put it, are obvious, they are quite crucial in this entire sordid mess. We are awaiting a clear and concise explanation from the CASA hierarchy. Although I don't think any reasonable answers will end up coming as these guys just don't get it.

In fact, to go out on a limb when you analyze Colgan against Norfolk there are some glaring and subtle comparisons. Yes I know, different countries, different aircraft and different circumstances and outcomes, but the big equaliser is Fatigue! Both organisations operated a fatigue inducing operation with no mitigation strategies in place. The more the 'potted one' opens his mouth the more ludicrous this situation gets. The Skull has proven he does not look at broad systemic issues, he is not capable of doing so. He is purely a stick and rudder left hand seat man, nothing else. This is the wrong type of leader to be leading an authority transition from the safety systems of the 70's, 80's and 90's. He should robustly exit the building taking the CASA Board and his 2 sidekicks with him, as a starting point.

The MOU with the ATSB is a farce. It's akin to the FBI having an MOU with the state troopers.
The ATSB has been the last bastion of trust, when all else fails you have one body you can confide in. All gone!
The Minister for Mascot, Sith Mrdak, the Boards and other 'intellectuals' involved in putting the 'agreement' in place should all receive an industry vote of no confidence for allowing the parlous condition that now exists to be 'acceptable'.
The MOU should be rescinded immediately as part of an ATSB and CASA gutting.

Last edited by my oleo is extended; 18th Feb 2013 at 22:23. Reason: Fatigued and need a rest. Went and potted some new plants!