PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sheffield City Airport Petition
View Single Post
Old 18th Feb 2013, 15:32
wb9999

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Eltonioni, it's great that you have some ideas how it could make money. So why is Andrew Cook (one of the two interested buyers) not as optimistic as you, if he is looking for council tax payers to contribute to the running costs to make it viable?

I'm a bit bemused that people are suddenly worried about other people's profits. Any more straws to grab?
Because, under one of the potential buyer's plans, council tax payers will be paying for an airport to re-open when it clearly was not viable the first time round. Why should tax payers contribute when Sheffield City Council is considering closing public facilities that are better used than an airport would be? Even an inquiry would cost tax payers money, which frankly would involve the council cutting back on even more much needed services.

We don't know what the other potential buyer's plans are, because he's not disclosing them. So secret that I expect he wants some public money to pay for his plans also.

If the campaign was at zero-cost to the public purse then I would say go ahead, let somebody risk their own money. But that's not the way it is at the moment.

Last edited by wb9999; 18th Feb 2013 at 15:40.