PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Eastern - BACX J41's Deal's off?
View Single Post
Old 10th Feb 2003, 10:47
HZ123

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BA Management

At the end of the day the BACX strings are surely pullled from Waterside. It appears to many BA mainliners that the company wants shot of all/ most regional routes because we have spent so many years wheeling and dealing with the likes of Brit Reg, Logan, Brymon, Cityflyer etc and most of the loyal staff of these outfits have been messed about by BA for most of the time. For what it is worth it is exactly the same at LHR/LGW but the pain is less, management await the outcome and seem to think that if they do nothing problems will resolve themselves.

To the untrained surely it will be extremely difficult to operate J41s and make an operating profit when flying regular routes within the UK or anywhere else in the EEC. Scotland highlights the problem that most of the Highland routes operated historically by Logan was supported by the HIA and must have been generously funded.

Sadly it is no comfort to you guys awaiting the outcome but the Waterside view is that at some stage soon BA will have to reduce its presence in the regions and at LGW which has been a bottomless pit to throw money at for 20 plus years to my knowledge.

I have seen a number of units TUPE'd and I feel sure that not many of you will be putting to much reliance on that. I can name at least three BA units that were TUPE'd at LHR and their experience for the staff did not work out favourably. In each case within a short period of transfer to a company, that company reinvented itself or sold out and the undertakings then count for very little. Our colleague that suggested a good solicitor has never been TUPE'd I think. Good luck to you all.