PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - F35 Lightning.....
View Single Post
Old 18th Feb 2013, 10:53
jas24zzk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why wouldn't it happen? the yanks bought some fulcrums to help the russian economy a few years back.

For the politicians, the JSF sign up wasn't about an in depth analysis about capability, it was about securing jobs here in oz....even if we only building the pilots pee tube, and access to technology for use by australian companies.

I'm not convinced this is right or wrong, just merely pointing out that your observations governing the decision making process may be a little skewed. Keep in mind how slow our politicians were to sign for an actual order.

Sure i'd love to see us with a bunch of SU-30 MKK's, great bloody aeroplane, built russian tough, but the JSF program actually shows some government interest in aircraft manufacturing capabilty in oz. Pity about their thoughts on aviation management...but i digress somewhat.

The beaurocratic bullshoe surrounding our defence air decisions is well documented....maybe in view of the guvmints manufacturing desires, we would have been better purchasing the rights to the Caribous design and modernising it......at least we'd have that capability NOW, and over this summer we have needed it!

Enjoy...i'm off to watch the walking dead

Jas