PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Engineering redundances - Advice required!!!
Old 18th Feb 2013, 03:04
Sunfish

Received 90 Likes on 33 Posts
QF94:

Sunfish, since when did you become a supporter of unions and QANTAS employees?

I recall you being a staunch advocate of never flying QANTAS and being one of the 82% who choose not to fly QANTAS, making AJ's figures look plausible in justifying his cuts to QANTAS workers. You want a company to survive, support it instead of giving sideline advice and sounding all so knowledgeable, while supporting your favoured foreign airline of choice, namely Emirates.
Since you asked:

1. I intensly dislike workplace cruelty wherever I see it and the behaviour of Qantas management in its treatment of engineers and perhaps other staff is just disgusting - the deliberate maximising of fear uncertainty and doubt for the pleasure of the management.

2. As for unions, my experience is that management gets the union it deserves. I also remember when unions ran roughshod over the general publics rights in the 1970's.

3. If Qantas was managed by humans and interested in providing a genuine value proposition for Australians NOT living in Sydney, I would use it. I gave up around 2002 after a particularly bad business class trip to the USA.

4. Favourite airline? Not Emirates. BA used to be pretty good, United, Singapore and of course Virgin.