PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Design review for 787 and “Plan B” for A350 XWB triggered by Lithium ion batteries
Old 17th Feb 2013, 22:45
Lyman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Mac.....

Isn't it illegal, (again), to carry the Heavy Lithium Ion Batteries in the hold?

Isn't the Aft E/E Bay in the hold? Isn't the "short term fix" actually carrying the Battery aboard?

I don't think the FAA will allow a fire on board, this time. Titanium or no, the word fire has a certain, cachet.....

If the cause of the original smoke/fire is not known, categorically, how can this short term fix be a......'fix'?

Is anybody talking to, or interviewing, the agency that has final say on what happens? Anticipating a plethora of arms in casts? Sorry, I injured my hand, I cannot sign anything......

Fundamentally, the Regulations speak. They were allowed to be "interpreted", and that's what created the current grounding.

They are not going to get more lenient, no matter who whistles and sings.

The more complex the "short term fix" the more attention drawn to why the design was so weak in the first place. And unless there is substantial work done on the cells, the interim launch solution is about keeping flames in a box.

Brilliant

Great thread, RR