PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gaining An R.A.F Pilots Brevet In WW II
View Single Post
Old 17th Feb 2013, 22:10
Chugalug2

Received 229 Likes on 72 Posts
Danny:-
Chugalug, Thank you for your approval (in Another Place) of my Non-PC forms of address. (I'm far too old a dog now to learn any New (PC) Tricks).
Danny, you certainly don't need my approval, but I can assure you of my high regard at all times. With so much pressure on us all these days to conform to a shared perceived wisdom in all things, it is as well to remind people that it was not always thus. The maxim that, "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." isn't heard much these days, more's the pity. Could it be that the ferocity shown against those that don't thus conform fires the extremism that is such a feature of the modern world? At any rate, unforeseen consequences seem to litter the landscape these days.
Well, we're all getting stuff off our chests now, aren't we? At least it ensures a safety in numbers, the mods won't know where to start;-)
Geriaviator, I've just worked out a cunning wheeze that will cover all our post WWII reminiscences. I read somewhere that the Cold War is seen by some historians as merely a continuation of World WarII in another form. Now the whys and wherefores of that are not important, it is merely necessary that all who post here are unanimous in that view. Ipso facto, m'Lud, and Habeas Corpus! All in favour? Against? The Ayes have it. The Ayes have it! So there you are, job done. Post on young Geriaviator, you have only your youth to lose, as do we all.