PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - F-35 Cancelled, then what ?
View Single Post
Old 17th Feb 2013, 21:00
Courtney Mil

Received 18 Likes on 7 Posts
I hope I am not included in the so-called "anti-JSF crowd" or the "JSF bashers". Please let me know if I am. As the potential future, primary platform for RAF and FAA ops, I want it to as successful as it can be.

Two points now. One is "can it crack it in various scenarios? " The other is, why do those that are a so fanatically pro-JSF have to feel that any conversation or challenge about the tactical application of JSF is automatically a challenge to its suitability to meet our future requirement?

4.5g? Yeah. Give me that!

In my earlier post, I offered a scenario that MIGHT expose some weaknesses in the design concept that is highly relient on LO. Maybe exposing the weaknesses in on other areas; doubts in my mind due to the poor kinetic properties that make the jet far less manoeuvrable than most third generation fighter/bombers.

The opposition will be feilding aircraft with similarly excellent LO characteristics AND good energy manoeuvrability.

If I am "outright hilarious" for offering a possible scenario, then I would ask to tell me why.

As for the attack on being able to reposition a phased array I can offer only this. Why the hell would you not want the extra scan width? Answers on a postcard please.

Last edited by Courtney Mil; 17th Feb 2013 at 21:01.