PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aussie Visiting Vancouver area info please
Old 17th Feb 2013, 16:04
evansb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"Beaver"? I've no idea what you are referring to. The water aerodromes in the vicinity of Vancouver International Airport (CYVR) are Vancouver Intl: CAM9, Vancouver Harbour: CYHC, Fort Langley: CAS4, Pitt Meadows: CAJ8,

On Vancouver Island, and up the coast; Naniamo Harbour: CAC8, Victoria Harbour; CYWH. Campbell River: CAE3, Port Hardy: CAW5, Alert Bay: CBC3, Bella Bella: CAW8, to mention just a few.

Rent a float plane? Unlikely. Charter a helicopter or float plane tour? Very likely.

The airspace in the lower mainland (Greater Vancouver and the area northwest, north, northeast, east southeast and east, up the Fraser Valley to Abbotsford (CYXX) past Chilliwack (CYCW) to Hope (CYHE)) is quite complex. Flights over the city of Vancouver are restricted, so you must read the Vancouver VTA map and review the published procedures in the CFS (Canada Flight Supplement) before flying.

Flying around Vancouver is NOT seeing Canada. Just as flying around Sydney is not seeing Australia. Canada is even bigger than Australia, and much more varied.

Unfortunately, all I have are expired Edmonton and Calgary VTA and VNC charts.
I do hope that a fellow aviator in the lower mainland of B.C. (or vicinity) will mail you the requested maps.

All the best!

Last edited by evansb; 17th Feb 2013 at 16:59.