PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EU Reject Ryanair takeover of Aer Lingus
View Single Post
Old 17th Feb 2013, 00:30
CPL593H

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@mart901

MOL has created the most cabin crew jobs? Really? Or has he created a nice nest egg from training cabin crew, charging them for training, uniform, even visiting the swimming baths for assessment. The average cabin crew lasts 18 months, many are pushed out long before then with never ending targets, upselling, long hours only paid for inflight, no right of union membership....and thats for the ones who make it, many are charged for training etc then told there is no work for them.
Great. More work for those willing to accept those conditions. Whiners out, those committed and wanting work in. Also, I think a lot of people in this forum talk about the wages of F/O's at Ryanair as if they were something akin to a paperboys wages. I'd happily fly for between 20k-35k.

@Jamie2k9

So you are suggesting Ryanair will be one of a few carriers left in Europe in the next few years?
No. Low-fare airlines will compete and dominate European routes. Big carriers will either adapt that model, or other low-fare airlines will give rise.

Clearly you haven't studied economics
I have a degree in politics nearly complete, and have held a pretty prominent position in a political party all for laissez-faire capitalism. I know a thing or two about economics.

I'm sure you believe that Ryanair have done a fantastic job at you local airport Prestwick.....
Yes, yes they have done a fantastic job. They are what is keeping Prestwick alive. They have created a maintenance base in recent years and have increased their routes this summer by 10%, while other airlines like Wizz have pulled out (as of the end of the month).

Bravo to both of you for attacking me on my place of residence. Have to get to bed now, as tommorrow is Sunday and I need to be up for the crack of dawn to worship our bronze statue of O'Leary in the centre of town

Last edited by CPL593H; 17th Feb 2013 at 00:32.