PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Senate Inquiry, Hearing Program 4th Nov 2011
Old 16th Feb 2013, 22:48
Sunfish

Received 89 Likes on 32 Posts
So, basically, am I wrong in thinking that CASA and the ATSB are joined at the hip? The "independent safety investigation" service that ATSB was supposed to provide in the interest of safety - because aviation safety in itself was so important that it transcended mere regulatory matters of infringement and punishment, is now completely gone.

Furthermore, am I wrong in thinking that both entities will do anything and everything to maximise their own chances of organizational survival, including destroying or protecting any person or entity for no good reason whatsoever?

To put that another way, apparently anything that is communicated to ATSB, whether in confidence or not, will be routinely communicated by ATSB to CASA, together with enough information to identify the source. The confidential reporting service that is advertised is a sham.

Could I be forgiven for thinking that the correct answer to any question of the ATSB of anyone is now: "I refuse to answer on the grounds that I may incriminate myself."?

Last edited by Sunfish; 16th Feb 2013 at 22:49.