PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Senate Inquiry, Hearing Program 4th Nov 2011
Old 16th Feb 2013, 22:18
Kharon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cause and effect.

The cause is hidden; the effect is visible to all. Ovid
Well, I've tried to fathom it, in a fair way as a reasonable man should, to determine the cause of the "The Chambers Report". I regret it will take a higher authority, time, money and some considerable effort to determine, accurately the reasons, motivation, purpose and beneficiaries of the document. We can, and probably will speculate for a while on that, in many cockpits, bars, cafe's and other places where aircrew meet.

Some of the worlds nicest folk have produced the most horrendous documents, usually in fiction, occasionally with a nod towards fact or even legend; but I wonder here, I truly do, at the true nature of this remarkable document.

The potential effects emanating from this badly drafted, weasel worded, self aggrandising, incompetent, amateurish report are truly remarkable. There arise from this document many questions which, for one I would like to have answered in the cold, sober light of day, by a competent, independent Judge in a court of law.

Consider:-

1) The DAS had this report for a while; if you were a Chief pilot or manager how would you respond to it?. Clearly, something is very wrong and should the report be tested and proven concise; then documented proof should be available to all of swift, executive action and cure.

2) I believe, the author of "The Chambers Report" has now managed three of the most significant, contentious incidents in the recent history of GA: Pel Air, Airtex and Skymaster. Each and every one has been rancorous, acrimonious, declared by industry to have been, very like "The Chambers Report" an indication of the fault lines, injustices and maladministration inflicted on an industry which can't and dare not challenge the local street bully.

Old Akro # 1077 – "and I would expect (have seen) guys dismissed or demoted for better answers than we've seen from Messer's McCormick & Jordan. Can you imagine a Chief Executive (or Chairman) not being able to answer equivalent questions in a shareholders meeting? It would be a scandal." etc.
As this is a 'public service' event, we need be a little more circumspect, however there should be a call made, and there is provision for the suspension of the author of "The Chambers Report", at least until such time as an investigation is complete and it establishes that the "Author" is, indeed, a fit and proper person, competent and qualified to wield the powers, bestowed by Parliament on a "Manager" in a highly visible, safety sensitive industry.

Problem: if the Pel Air debacle is openly re examined, then the motivation, directions, decisions made, actions taken in the other two cases (Airtex and Skymaster) manipulated and managed by the author of "The Chambers Report" must be suspect and are, in all probability, akin to the John Quadrio case and likely to be proven legally "unsafe".

Ah well, so much for idle speculation, time and evidence will no doubt provide the correct answers. I just wonder if the DAS and his willing accomplices realise how very easily avoidable this now public spectacle; this waste of tax payer time, money, credibility and effort could have been avoided. Is there time to affect a cure?

Hosea 8.7 - For they sow the wind, and they shall reap the whirlwind.
Change of pace -

Last edited by Kharon; 16th Feb 2013 at 23:38.