PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Juggling Pilot Career with Music Career
View Single Post
Old 10th Feb 2003, 03:07
WhiskeyNovember

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Juggling Pilot Career with Music Career

Hello,

I'm just finishing up my aviation flight bachelor's degree and ratings at a 4-year university. I love flying, and am convinced I want to pursue it as a career. Lately, however, I have been coming to terms with the fact that this career I've chosen to pursue for the next 35 years of my life is largely defined by one's ability to absorb information and regurgitate it at a later time and place.

I guess my frustration stems from the fact that as a professional pilot, there is little if any room for creativity or originality, other than how you interact with coworkers and customers.

Combine this frustration with the fact that I'm hopelessly in love with music and I find myself wondering if 1) Anyone can relate to this at all, and 2) If anyone has ever successfully combined a career as a professional pilot with a career as a musician.

Time (or lack therof) seems to be the greatest barrier in the pursuit of such a lifestyle, as bands generally require much time spent touring and practicing.

Anyway, thanks for reading this far. I hope my inquiry isn't regarded as too childish or ridiculous.

-WN