PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - are 3000 jet hours not enough for interview?
Old 16th Feb 2013, 19:24
el caballero rojo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation

Interesting, could you disclose which new German outfit that was? Just interested since a few were tricked by the offered Embraer jobs at LGW.
Denti:
The Air Berlin mainline pilots (AB, former DBA and former LTU) are fighting against outsourcing to NIKI and LGW. When AB makes their own people redundant, wants pay cuts and creates cheaper jobs at LGW for externals, the word tricked is spot on. I am sorry for those who applied without knowing but just be aware that those who apply are killing jobs at Air Berlin. The Union (VC) does it best to stop it and due to the solidarity of all the mainline pilots, they at least achieved a small step forward in the battle.

Same situation here. 3000 hours tt, all jet, but with the Embraer rating. My only option is to find any airline taking on non rated pilots. There was a new German outfit that basically told me I was over qualified. Guess they prefer P2F low hour guys...
High Energy:
I would be really interested to hear when you had an interview or email stating that you were over qualified at LGW?
I refer to my previous statement. I am sorry that you got this answer but I am sure that in this case there is another reason. The official statement of AB was that they were checking the market for cheap EMB rated pilots willing to work well below the AB mainline pay scale. Not joking, started chocking when I heard it. Believe me, the AB scale is already one of the lower pay scales in Western Europe for a large airline. Getting paid even less is a rip off.

Last edited by el caballero rojo; 16th Feb 2013 at 19:43.