PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RW rookie vs. FW rookie job prospects
View Single Post
Old 16th Feb 2013, 19:22
DoobyDoo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you gentlemen would let me do some basic research on this very thread:

I figure that the standard route in RW inludes hour building as an instructor. But how do people get on from there? Seems like the "real jobs" require IR, ME time, turbine time, sometimes TR and hours on type. Is this self paid or how else do people move past that "1100 h in a R22"-level?

Touring sounds adventurous, but seems to be for very experienced folks? Also, is this something people get stuck in? Or is it a good background when applying for a steady base?

Seems like there is a ton of dineros to be saved when going FAA - considering that US hourbuilding is more or less mandatory anyway, is there a point in going FAA > touring position > convert to JAA with a solid amount of hours > apply for European base. As opposed to going JAA / converting BEFORE gaining significant experience. Is this something people do? I get the impression that the kind of post-CPL qualifications you will need for good jobs is considerably more expensive in Europe, so one would think that establishing yourself with FAA would be attractive - especially with a roster that allows you to keep your euro homebase just where it is.

Last edited by DoobyDoo; 16th Feb 2013 at 19:23.