PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Skywest jump into bed with Qantas
View Single Post
Old 10th Feb 2003, 02:19
Stick Pusher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Yes, inaccurate reporting yet again. I think that's why i don't read papers any more. Anwser: If you chose KG and KA as the two destinations that Skywest fly to against QF.... you'd be right!

Virgin are crying sour grapes again. Never heard an bigger bunch of wingers. As for the arrangement, It makes good sense to be able to offer XR passengers F/F program, and for QF passengers to use their points on XR as well as the great convenience of checking bags and getting ticketed all the way through to their destination. As for air fairs, that pricing is XR's descision, not QF's. And their won't be a red tail on them unless something major changes that. I believe that XR still want to have their own brand, product, independance and WA identity.

It will be great for QF, XR and the pax.

As for the routes being palmed off or what have you, having an arrangement with QF wont change the ports that XR go to.

Thermo,

Jumping the gun if you think people will lose their jobs over this?

There is no room at QF and the XR system of operaion is different to XR. Their check-in and ground services, catering etc are different to QF, cost wise and in other ways.

No red tail on the a/c that's for sure!