PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - An Emirates' A380 door "pops" in-flight
View Single Post
Old 16th Feb 2013, 14:37
Nialler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As a member of the flock of SLF who contribute to your lot's wages (and well-deserved they are too) I have to admit that my first port-of-call when I read a story such as this is to come along here and see what the real story is.

It's always cautionary to read the professionals in the field (any field - including mine) before reaching any conclusions.

I guess the point i that this time I came here purely out of habit. This story was of a standard that in retrospect seems inevitable, yet I didn't ever think that even the DM could get so many "facts" wrong.

I can just see the thin air rush in - laden with microbes - while the passengers scream and queue up to punch a hysterical passenger.

I can only guess that the DM had no Ryanair story this week and that they panicked.

Anyway, keep up the good work.

One minor question arises in my mind regarding this story, though: I can see how blankets would provide a pretty convenient sound baffle on a door which was whistling a bit; but do they pose any type of minor risk in the event of an emergency egress? Any chance that they could foul up the mechanism if someone tried to remove them in a panic in a dark scenario?

Genuine question.

Last edited by Nialler; 16th Feb 2013 at 14:39.