PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SAS recruitment
Thread: SAS recruitment
View Single Post
Old 16th Feb 2013, 10:07
SK-pilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This turns into a political discussion about welfare models, political systems and housing prices which has nothing to do with this topic.

I do not think taxes are less in Germany than in Norway (they are higher!), it is not less expensive to get an apartment in Paris or London than in Stockholm, and you are free to live wherever you want, whether you work for SAS or an other airline. I work in DK, live in NO, and pay low (appr 25-30%), many live in France, Switserland and UK, and pay a lot less than me, and some live in DK, and pay a lot more... But that has NOTHING do with this topic!!!

If you would base your future on the RYR tax-paying system, which are under investigation in many european countries, you are free to do so. And if you want to live down in the sand, or in the smog in Shanghai for the rest of you life; do it. I am not interested in neither.

The salaries named above are DKK (which is almost the same as NOK), but it has never been a very big difference in salaries between the countries in SAS.

Of course salaries in SAS are now lower then they used to be, but they are not lower than similar airlines throughout europe, like Finnair, Swiss, Austrian or even the big ones.

If salaries had been on a level where you could come back from 10-12 years in another airline, and still get a pay-rise starting at level 1-3 in SAS they would have been much too high for SAS to survive. So due to this, and as mentioned before; most of the new pilots will probably be new-hires.

Regarding LHS: There will yearly be 50-100 retirements in SAS for the next few years, and this year an additional appr 100 due to the Etihad deal and the last round of early retirements. Count for yourself...