PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - An Emirates' A380 door "pops" in-flight
View Single Post
Old 16th Feb 2013, 04:59
Eau de Boeing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Daily Wail

Here is what I posted in return on the site but for some reason it would not show on the page....

Ok speaking as an A380 pilot, I have to say this article is almost laughable in almost every part.

1) The picture showing the "door indicator" is actually the passenger call indicator indicating that someone was obviously so bothered by this that they wanted a Gin and Tonic.

2) If a door had "blown" as the article had suggested, do you think with an approximate pressure differential between inside and outside of 8.5 PSI that a blanket would stop everyone from being sucked out?

3) I would love to know how you can hide under an A380 jumpseat, there is barely enough room to keep a lifejacket there.

4) There is no curtain between Economy and Business class, they are separated by....... a floor.

This was nothing more than a leaky seal in a door and the blankets were for passenger comfort on a short (2.5 hour flight). I suggest Mr Reid needs a groundschool PPL refresher on basic physics and principles of flight and leaves operating these multi-million pound aircraft to the people who actually know what they are talking about.

Harsh but fair?