PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airman Aircrew pay review
View Single Post
Old 9th Feb 2003, 22:37
The Gorilla

Inter Arma Enim Silentius Lex Legis

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

AVTUR

I think your post sums things up exactly!
You are sat with a sore arm. At some point you may have to take unlicensed tablets that may interact with the injection that caused your sore arm and permanently damage your health. You are scared and on the front line!

As for the review, I didn't think I would get anything except that which had been agreed back in 1998. It is not unreasonable to expect the same rate of flying pay as an Officer who does EXACTLY the same job as me! It was agreed in 1998 and AGAIN in 2003. But we aren't going to get it are we?

I know the salary I get now, I will never get in Civvie Street. But quality of life has to come first. What are we? A rag tag cash starved outfit, trying to be a world power Air Force. With Dad’s Army managers who aren't fit to be running corner shops. About to fight a war that the British public don't appear to support. Most fleets over 35 years old and ready to drop out of the sky, troops having to buy their own equipment!! NCA will always have Commisioned Aircrew looking down their noses at us and treating us as if we just dropped off their shoes.

Out there the grass isn’t greener it’s true. But as I am rapidly discovering, the job market is very strong and for any one who has done 22 years plus, life can be extremely comfortable outside.
I have made absolutely the right decision for me in PVR'ing.

Bottom line, fellow NCA is this: If you don't like what they have done in the review then leave. If you are not going to leave, then shut up and get on with the job in hand!

As Black Adder said just before he blew his whistle in 1917 “Good luck everybody”