PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sheffield City Airport Petition
View Single Post
Old 16th Feb 2013, 00:51
johnnychips

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Eltonioni wrote

Considering that there are at least two parties who want to use their own cash to reopen the facility, there's no real downside to anyone. I just think that they should be supported and given the best possible opportunity, while those who are responsible for any past wrongdoings are brought to book.
I am trying not to be imbecilic here, but if there are parties who wish to reopen the facility, who think it is profitable, can they not make a bid to the current owners to do so?

Or is their idea contingent on some compensation or reversion of land use for possibly irregular happenings in the past, which would help to fund it? I've read all the thread and it is difficult to make sense of.

I appreciate that the above just gives more ammunition for the disinterested and pointlessly argumentative to pick holes in somebody else's plans, but when you're in the Sheffield business community these things make a bit more sense.
Obviously, as I said, most posters on this site would be very pleased if a closed airport reopened, but will justifiably point out their views on the probability of success of the venture - usually calmly and without rancour, and I must say, with reasoned arguments. This is not the same as 'picking holes'.

Let me say again, I would be delighted if Sheffield airport reopened, and I do recognize your experience and insight of aviation and of the economy of South Yorkshire. But based on my own opinions and knowledge, and that of others on the thread, we come to different conclusions.

Last edited by johnnychips; 16th Feb 2013 at 01:35. Reason: Spelling; additional points