PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Senate Inquiry, Hearing Program 4th Nov 2011
Old 15th Feb 2013, 21:10
Old Akro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pot Plants

Reading Hansard recently and watching the truly excellent question from Sen Nash I have been bewildered at the inability of highly paid senior executives to answer basic questions "off the cuff".

My background has largely been in public companies and I would expect (have seen) guys dismissed or demoted for better answers than we've seen from Messers McCormick & Jordan. Can you imagine a Chief Executive (or Chairman) not being able to answer equivalent questions in a shareholders meeting? It would be a scandal. A Chief executive not being able to give batter detailed, numerate answers to his board in a budget session would find his tenure severely limited.

The role of Chief Executive is to be across this level of detail. That's why they get the money. Otherwise the person is an ordinary administrator.

I was even more astounded when I counted 13 people from CASA listed in Hansard as attending. That's more than a cricket team. And none of them could answer any reasonable basic questions about a currently open $150,000 tender.

From what I have seen in Hansard the CEO and CFO have less of a grip on the detail of their jobs than I would accept from a middle manager. I think CASA is beyond redemption.