PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Engine Management Course
View Single Post
Old 15th Feb 2013, 11:22
Jabawocky

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Peter,

Argue your left wing greenie arguments if you like, but please for once, answer a decent question from Clinton with a proper answer. Just once please.

You have failed to do so once again.

Now lets address your gems of wisdom, or pathetic links.

1. The article full of BS, where Lycoming tell you its perfectly all right to run LOP, and they do it all the time, but the pilot community are too dumb to do so.
Yes experts are everywhere. And guess who Lycoming were poking fun at there?

2. this publication is not bad overall, but it hardly covers the truth, and it is very lacking in real detail. Despite its numerous pages.

3. 1988 ohh dear, and check this gem out
Never lean the mixture from full rich during take-off, climb or high performance cruise operation unless the airplane owners manual advises otherwise. However, during take-off from high elevation airports or during climb at higher altitudes, roughness or reduction of power may occur at full rich mixture.
Well if those two sentences do not contradict each other!

Or what about this for really great advice!!! Noise, prop damage and technically how is this so???
Prior to engine shutdown run up to 1800 RPM for one minute to clean out any unburned fuel after taxiing in.
Yes Peter, this is really great information mate. I could swallow your carbon tax logic before this stuff.

So Peter, take up the APS challenge, if you attend and don't learn anything you get your money back. John Deakin has promised this to thousands and never paid a cent.

Man up Peter, book in and put your hand up as a potential credit. Then come back and tell everyone here on pprune that you learned a heap.

I bet you don't dare.

By the way, LOP ops and stuff is only 15% of the course, the real value is engines, how they work (not how you think they work), how all the inputs affect what is going on, what engine monitors actually do and what they tell you. (98% of pilots are like dogs watching TV, yes that means you) And more importantly when you understand what the monitor is telling you, how to explain that to the LAME or whether to carry the defect and for how long or whether to land immediately. Not to mention how to understand the engine health checks etc.

All these things teach you about saving thousands of dollars, but more importantly your/your pax life.

It was the best money I ever spent, and it cost me thousands more to go to the USA and do it.

Peter......if only you knew.

Last edited by Jabawocky; 15th Feb 2013 at 11:35.