PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - are 3000 jet hours not enough for interview?
Old 15th Feb 2013, 10:32
RAT 5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would like to see a Jeremy Paxman type interview, perhaps Hard-Talk, confront a couple of guilty airline CEO's and a couple of CAA chiefs on this issue. Real dig deep into the phsycie of what's gong on. Get a few of the interviewees squirming. Let the pax know what's going on. Make a comparison to the health or dentist industry and as patients if they'd like this 'pay for a job' system there. I would have thought this was a classic scenario for the unions to get active on. A national union should be just that; caring for the whole industry, not just narrow minded on one or two companies and their local issues. The technical committees claim to look after all those aspects of the industry, as do the flight safety committees; why not then the T's & C's committees. Yet on this issue they have been conspicuous by their silence. They take their money by purporting to protect those who are already members. This is too narrow minded. I'm amazed the investigative media haven't latched onto what would be an interesting dig.