PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Thomson Airways
Thread: Thomson Airways
View Single Post
Old 15th Feb 2013, 08:26
peachair732

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So latest is Thomson say if the 787 wont be on the line in time, the boooked passengers will get £10 and will fly on a 767. well I doubt it would be a new build 767 more likely, if all their own 767 capacity is spoke for, they may have to maybe outsorurce to another 767 operator, either way it proably will be a 767 of about 20 year old vintage, maybe much older if they look for another 767 charter carrier to fulfill the flights. I think Thomson should not have placed such emphasis on the 787 flights, doing the publicity leaflets telling holidaymakers to book for a 787 flight especially was making a rod for their own back. Although of course all tour ops/charters rserve the right to substitute alternate aircraft, I dont think in this case an ageing 767 will go down well with some of the pax. Many indeed may have little regrd for the equipment for their holiday but I feel these flights may well be different, after all Thomsons had made such a song and dance about offering 787 departures, seperate leflets in brochures etc, that many more than on your average holiday flight, people will nt be fooled by an older aircraft, they will wonder where all the curved bins and pink lighting have gone! either way, a £10 refund, or could it even be, if they are cheeky a £10 voucher offering £10 off their next Thomson holiday or even worse £10 off any duty free purchase over the amount of £35!!!

Last edited by peachair732; 15th Feb 2013 at 08:28.