PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Senate Inquiry, Hearing Program 4th Nov 2011
Old 15th Feb 2013, 04:07
my oleo is extended

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A chamber pot filled with egg!!

Well well things reached a crescendo today in the senate! I am sure there will be some robust updates posted shortly, however some highlights were:

CASA outed for keeping audits secreted away from the ATSB. The Beaker and Sangston kept mushroomed by the (R)egulator. The senators have picked up on the fact that the MOU between both incompetent structures is more like a MOPOO. The Senators also stated how dysfunctional the organisations are. This is a sad indictment of the parlous state of Australia's aviation bodies.

Pot Plant McCormick got fired up with Xenophons line of robust questioning. He appeared barely able to contain 'the inner John just screaming to get out'.

The Beaker was caught on his remaining good foot and in Beaker style took Fawcetts question and comment and replied with "I'd prefer to give due consideration to this than make it on the run".

Pot Plant McCormick is still blaming Dom entirely for the Norfolk ditching, unbelievable! One needs no further proof that the CASA hierarchy have no concept of causal factors and safety systems. What an embarrassing spectacle.

Senator X pointed out, and quite correctly, that Team Beaker is producing work of a standard less than Nigeria and Lebanon! Amazing what the bureaucrat has achieved in less than 4 years. What an embarrassment.

I believe it was Chamber Pot who wrote in an email that the ATSBeaker and CASA need to avoid 'putting egg on each others faces'! Far too late for that boys.

I think the Senators did a superb job, dusting away the chaff and revealing what's beneath. Friends, it is a frickin mess. The FAA and the ICAO must be cringing at our 'Nigeria equivalent safety bodies'? I feel the Senators comments should give a small measure of satisfaction to Mr Urquhart and others who have been saying for years that the fish has rotted from the head.
One can only hope that a royal commission or deeper inquiry will come out of all this and those bobbing in high places will soon receive their own Friday 1659 pm fax..

Last edited by my oleo is extended; 15th Feb 2013 at 04:09. Reason: Egg fight in the kitchen