PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - IR test and application
View Single Post
Old 14th Feb 2013, 19:25
sunboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IR test and application

So I have completed an IR(A) and posses a CPL course completion certificate so only hold a PPL and did a 55 hour IR course with 15hrs actual flight time (excluding about 1hrs 50mins on the skills test itself)

My issue is as follows. As I filled out my CPL/IR application after passing my IR test I tried to be as honest as possible, and I was. In my log book there are 3 separate columns: total time, IFR and IF. Obviously my total time and IFR times are the same throughout my IR training but my IF is different. Being as honest as possible, I knocked off 5 minutes from each flight as we would always do a visual approach back into my home airfield. And we were IFR but obviously not instrument flying.

So here I am applying for my IR and I just realised that although I've met the requirements to do 15 hours in the aircraft, all 15 of those are IFR but about 30 mins of that would not be IF.

Firstly, is this an issue in IR application? Baring in mind I have about 1hrs 50mins on my skills test all IF so will that be ok? Or do the UK CAA want 15 hours IF before skills test? Maybe some of that missing IF time can come from my CPL course?

CAP804 really isn't very clear on things like this...