PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What would you do?!
View Single Post
Old 14th Feb 2013, 13:42
Higher for hire

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Forget about tests!

I would not bother too much with tests. There is simply no test that can reliably predict whether you will become a good or a poor pilot. Neither there is any test that can predict if you could become a good physician, lawyer, engineer or whatever. Finally only time will tell. Psychologists, universities and flight schools keep telling you otherwise but these statements are necessarily unproven as they usually reject candidates who fail their respective assessments so how should they ever get to know if their assessment was wrong?

If I were you I would also take the modular route. Build up your licenses one by one, enjoy the training flights and by no means burn your bridges to your present occupation! Noone can tell you right now if you will ever get a job in aviation. But until you try you will never find out. The worst thing that can happen on the modular way is that you become a safer and more knowledgeable private pilot. The worst outcome of an integrated flight training is an unemployed and bankrupt wannabe pilot who cannot even afford private flying anymore.